The Catholic Diocese of Richmond is seeking a new director for Shalom House Retreat Center.
All inquiries should go to Sara Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-622-5202.
Position Title: Director, Shalom House Retreat Center
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director oversees Shalom House and is responsible for overall operational management. The Director assures that the mission of Shalom House is carried out in the day-to-day operations of the facility. The Director has good working knowledge in Catholic teaching and has a commitment to working with ecumenical and interfaith groups. The Director works with the Shalom House Advisory Council to carry out the ministry of the organization.
Employer: Bishop of Richmond.
Supervision: Director, Office of Facilities Management
A. Financial and Facilities/Property
- Manages most financial aspects, maintains accounts receivable and accounts payable, keeping all records up to date.
- Develops and monitor annual budget with advise from an Advisory Council.
- Recommends maintenance capital expenditures to the Director of Facilities.
- Completes and submits monthly reporting to Diocese.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors to complete maintenance and capital projects working in unison with the Offices of Risk Management and Facilities.
B. Group/Guest Coordination
- Manages Google and Website calendars. Completes all reservation and deposit paperwork for guests.
- Manages all aspects of customer service and hospitality from initial contact with Shalom House to billing and evaluation of completed retreat.
- Works with the Marketing Committee to solicit new business.
- Maintains contact with former guests to retain their business.
- Publicizes Shalom House regularly through email newsletters, website, Facebook, Catholic Virginian, etc.
- Conducts fundraising for enhancement of ministry goals.
- Works with potential facilitators to offer retreats for the general public.
- Markets and coordinates retreats by visiting local Catholic parishes, preparing print and online marketing materials to taking guest reservations, deposits and payments for these retreats.
- Ensures compliance with all diocesan policy and federal/state regulations and Hanover County safety regulations.
- Supervises staff to include scheduling, recruiting, new hires, training, performance evaluation, etc.
- Oversees volunteer development and supervision.
- Works with and develops the Shalom House Advisory Council for overall growth and maintenance of Shalom House.
- Creates, implements and monitors the annual business plan and ad hoc assessments and plans, as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in business management (operations, financials, sales/marketing, planning) some training and experience in retreat work preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, working knowledge of computer proficiency – Quickbooks, Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint, Email Marketing (ie. MailChimp), Website Management, Social Media, experience working with consultants and strong leadership skills, organizational and planning skills, needs assessment and problem solving, interpersonal skills and conflict management required.
- The Director must be a Catholic in good standing grounded in prayer and spirituality.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. May require prolonged standing, walking and/or sitting; physical exertion to manually, move, lift, carry, pull or push objects or materials up to 25 pounds; and occasional stooping, bending and reaching and traveling in vehicles across the Diocese.
The position of Director is full-time necessitating weekend work. The Director is responsible at all times except during periods of vacation when responsibilities will be transferred to Shalom House staff.
The Director if generally evaluated annually.
Salary and Benefits:
Per Diocesan Policy.